Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   AVO Turbo Kit Owners Topic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42482)

The Racers Line 04-10-2014 10:22 PM

@AVOturboworld

What is the best way to ensure making boost to redline on low psi? I want this kit, but I don't want a peaky torque monster that loses boost before redline. This car loves to rev, and I love to rev it out.

Strong waste gate actuator?
EBC?
3" exhaust?

Looking to make around 250whp

Sportsguy83 04-10-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiebTech Performance (Post 1664588)
@AVOturboworld

What is the best way to ensure making boost to redline on low psi? I want this kit, but I don't want a peaky torque monster that loses boost before redline. This car loves to rev, and I love to rev it out.

EBC?
3" exhaust?

at 8 psi you will not see the psi taper off at the end. You should make 250 with 8 psi.

brz2013 04-10-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

@AVOturboworld

EBC?
3" exhaust?

I made 252whp and 202tq at under 7psi and the power pulls so smooth until redline that it's easy to hit limiter if you don't pay attention. No psi drop at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Racers Line 04-10-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brz2013 (Post 1664610)
I made 252whp and 202tq at under 7psi and the power pulls so smooth until redline that it's easy to hit limiter if you don't pay attention. No psi drop at all

This is what I wanted to hear, thank you. My roommate has a cobb stage 2 08 wrx. The thing makes its peak power and torque at like 4k rpm and drops off drastically. I can't stand it.

brz2013 04-10-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiebTech Performance (Post 1664766)
This is what I wanted to hear, thank you. My roommate has a cobb stage 2 08 wrx. The thing makes its peak power and torque at like 4k rpm and drops off drastically. I can't stand it.

Ya it's great....I'm using a greddy ebc and I make full boost from like 3500 to redline.

DesertFrs 04-11-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

@AVOturboworld

EBC?
3" exhaust?

If u have free time on Friday the 25th, I ended up scheduling a tune when I go visit Mann Engineering at their Tuning Event this month. Will be installing some new things, hoping to make over 410 on E85.

I made about 270 hp and 215tq on 8psi stock injectors fuel pump and just 2.5" exhaust.

The Racers Line 04-11-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertFrs (Post 1664877)
If u have free time on Friday the 25th, I ended up scheduling a tune when I go visit Mann Engineering at their Tuning Event this month. Will be installing some new things, hoping to make over 410 on E85.

I made about 270 hp and 215tq on 8psi stock injectors fuel pump and just 2.5" exhaust.

If I'm free, I'll defintely take the trip down.

spitfire481 04-11-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertFrs (Post 1664877)

what will your entire setup consist of? we maxed mine at 399whp on e84. trying to up the boost just didnt do anything at all past that. @gdrider77 had basically the same results

SkAsphalt 04-11-2014 03:23 PM

Looking for some advice guys;

My over pipe is not perfectly lining up with the turbo's downpipe flange so I have a small exhaust leak at the bottom. I was hoping the gasket would pinch it closed but there is a leak and I certainly smell it inside the cabin if I am stuck in traffic.

Do you think any sort of gasket sealant would work for this application? Or would the pressure/heat from the exhaust gas just blow it out? Other options would be a small tap weld where the leak is, or cutting off the existing flange on my over pipe and getting a properly sized one installed. My SRT header-back exhaust is v-band fitted, so it isn't a typically 3-piece with flanges like the factory, so I can't just throw in my OEM over pipe (and cat) to fix this problem)

Any ideas would be great, just wondering if you have any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

protpibe 04-11-2014 03:25 PM

That sucks!

Did you try the gasket + RTV?

Also, what kind of overpipe do you have again?

SkAsphalt 04-11-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protpibe (Post 1666239)
That sucks!

Did you try the gasket + RTV?

Also, what kind of overpipe do you have again?

The over pipe is part of my exhaust package, The Swift Racing Technologies header back that went from forum queen to junk bin deal within a few months here haha.

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/Image...exhaust/15.jpg

You cannot really see the flange there, but it is smaller in overall size than the OEM one. Naturally the hole is the same size, if not bigger, but because it is a smaller flange and does not perfectly line up (cant really undo bits to get it to line up when it is one long piece with Vband and slip sleeves that certainly binded by now)

It does sound great with my turbo though, I always liked my car's sound - now it is quieter (good) but deep (awesome)

FrX 04-11-2014 03:39 PM

I've got the SRT catback (with a PLM overpipe and front pipe). It *does* sound good. And I love the look. But yeah, there are definitely fitment issues. Once I get another welder in here, I will probably end up cutting it apart and fitting it with new flanges and hangars, etc.

protpibe 04-11-2014 03:46 PM

So the overpipe and front pipe are one piece that bolts into the SRT catback?

If that's the case, i would buy a proper overpipe and then I'll sell you my T1R catless front pipe :) o2 Bung pre welded in!

SkAsphalt 04-11-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protpibe (Post 1666283)
So the overpipe and front pipe are one piece that bolts into the SRT catback?

Nope, it is all one piece, sleeve fittings and vbands - no flanges except up to the down pipe.