Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   NorCal (Bay Area) DRIVE Chat Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29572)

PMok 03-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 770978)
Yeah, just took a look at my gopro footage last night and unfortunately, thanks to all my fidgeting, I got a pretty gnarly angle full of glare from my side window, not much you could see clearly other than during the couple of mins I had my windows down.

Ok well I got about 10 minutes that *might* be worth watching. I LOL'd at the big fat COW just hanging out on the road at 4:00...

[ame]http://youtu.be/mGpCZ9JmSOc[/ame]

SC David 03-04-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 771633)
Nice pics, nice rides. Something pleasantly nostalgic about older BMWs, I like it.

You seem knowledgeable of the area, pls do come out. The three of us pretty much stayed on the same page - great driving with folks who enjoy driving.

I totally want to pick up an E30 or E28 sometime, now that I've ditched my E34. GF has a E21 320i in the garage which is a pretty fun car, but the E30 325is with an LSD really hit the sweet spot of power/handling balance for me.

Anyway, I'd be totally down to do the same run with you guys.

MyRx 03-04-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMok (Post 771650)
Ok well I got about 10 minutes that *might* be worth watching. I LOL'd at the big fat COW just hanging out on the road at 4:00...

Nice vid. Worth watching :).

After learning a thing or two from the Edge folks, I better put them to practice before I forget. I may drive Redwood/PH again sometime this week. Sat/Sun is out of the question for me. I'll post if I can predict it.

MyRx 03-04-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC David (Post 771735)
I totally want to pick up an E30 or E28 sometime, now that I've ditched my E34. GF has a E21 320i in the garage which is a pretty fun car, but the E30 325is with an LSD really hit the sweet spot of power/handling balance for me.

Anyway, I'd be totally down to do the same run with you guys.

Damn that's a lot of BMWs! They are sweet cars.

Kaimino 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Subscribed for future meetups :D

PMok 03-07-2013 09:28 PM

Calling all drivers... anyone up for a morning drive this Saturday or Sunday? 3/9 or 3/10... maybe a drive 'n shoot for any 2A fans? :23: :D

PMok 03-08-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vubaru (Post 779454)
Sunday sounds good but how about not at the ass-crack of dawn this time ? ;)

I've been thinking about a San Pablo Dam Road or Wildcat Canyon route. Should be nice this weekend!

bleh, I didn't expect the rain tonight... maybe the roads will still be slick over the weekend... but I'm down for a drive Sunday!

Another idea... last weekend I drove the scenic Hwy 1 up from Half Moon Bay into the City, and discovered one of the most beautiful parts of the drive... is about to disappear. Devils Slide is being bypassed by a pair of tunnels that is about to open maybe by the end of this month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Slide_(California)

One idea if the weather is good, might be to cruise the Devil's Slide one last time before the old route is closed for good.

[ame]http://youtu.be/s_jgHODFiFk[/ame]

After that, cruising the new tunnels when they open might be fun... for different reasons. ;)

Touge Monster 03-08-2013 02:00 AM

Need to go for a drive with you guys soon these speed limits & lack of good roads in Hawaii are driving me insane :mad0259: not to mention missing my baby.

finch1750 03-08-2013 09:15 AM

I can't do this weekend, but the next weekend the 16th I would be

BigFatFlip 03-08-2013 09:22 AM

Sunday morning might work for me, depending on what time you guys decide (remember, we lose an hour from day light savings on Sunday)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touge Monster (Post 779869)
Need to go for a drive with you guys soon these speed limits & lack of good roads in Hawaii are driving me insane :mad0259: not to mention missing my baby.

Where in Hawaii are ya? If you are in the main island, the Kama hwy is a nice drive, like a hwy 1 loop.

Touge Monster 03-08-2013 10:42 AM

Where I'm Hawaii are ya? If you are in the main island, the Kama hwy is a nice drive, like a hwy 1 loop.[/QUOTE]

I was staying on Oahu in nuuanu actually at the gate as I type this. Kam hyw is cool just cant rip around like back on the mainland plus not quite as much fun in my dodge Dakota rental lol. Guess I will appreciate the frs that much more when I get home.

MyRx 03-08-2013 11:00 AM

I'm in for a drive to Devil's Slide. Put a drive together on PCH, eat at Taco Bell on the beach :)

@PMok, Skyline/PH has patches of wet road, PH has lots more. Can only hope enuf sun comes out to dry up PH but then again it's PH, be conservative pls. Was there at crack of down to drop off stuff at CV, headed up to Redwood instead.

PMok 03-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 780339)
I'm in for a drive to Devil's Slide. Put a drive together on PCH, eat at Taco Bell on the beach :)

@PMok, Skyline/PH has patches of wet road, PH has lots more. Can only hope enuf sun comes out to dry up PH but then again it's PH, be conservative pls. Was there at crack of down to drop off stuff at CV, headed up to Redwood instead.

Yeah some parts of Pinehurst get no sun at all... I always drive conservative when it's wet. But I hope it's warm the next two days. :)

PMok 03-08-2013 09:24 PM

so.... we got a few options for this Sunday's drive:

★ Redwood/Pinehurst/Grizzly/Skyline/Wildcat/San Pablo (East Bay)
★ Devil's Slide/Hwy1 (Peninsula/SF)
★ Caravan to Marina to cheer on fellow 86ers at autoX (South Bay/Monterey)

thoughts? :23: