Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Subaru BRZ rear wheel drive - WHY? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22758)

coyote 11-22-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuddbutter (Post 570762)
Shiiiiiitt!!!!!!!!!!!! its on Wiki! Must be true! :p

Well, that ... and when you dress a Japanese engineer in a lab coat and slippers and get him to read from a marketing script, everyone buys it ... hook, line and sinker.

omgwtfbbqsauce 11-22-2012 08:33 PM

Why is this thread still going? This is seriously a stupid thread.

Both Toyota and Subaru have credits for making 86/BRZ, sure Toyota came up with the idea and designs but don’t forget Subaru has "engineered" majority of the car.

Do you honestly think the 86 would have happened without collaboration of Subaru? I highly doubt it would and let’s say it does how much do you think you will paying for it? The answer is much more since they would have done their own engineering and will need to use their own production plant to make it. Low CoG? Not as much as they want it to without a boxer engine. Will the reviews be as good as they say it is now? Highly doubt it.

Put your differences aside Hawk77FT, neither or the manufacturers are better than the other. This car was designed to be fun and Subaru originally rejected the idea which may be true but what does it matter to you now that they have decided to put it in production? If they agreed with Toyota to place it in production they obviously have a reason to do so.

Yes I own a BRZ and I'm also a Toyota enthusiast. They are practically the same cars with revised suspensions and both amazing cars.

Shut this thread as it is just going to be leading to a flame war.

fuddbutter 11-22-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbqsauce (Post 570802)

nahhh dont close it, i wanna have fun thread jackin this and shit stiring everyone :D

:threadjacked:

coyote 11-22-2012 08:45 PM

I blame that Tada guy.

st162celica 11-22-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZT86 (Post 569985)
Lets also not forget guys & gals that brand T owns about 20% of Subaru and so can dictate terms to an extent.

Well Toy own close to 20% of Fuji industries. So not sure what %,Subaru business is in Fuji industries. So if Subaru is about 20% of Fuji, then Toyota virtually owns Subaru entirely.

In the end who cares. To most consumers they all think they are seperate companies.

Westfarmers and coles own virtually every department store, supermarket, petrol station, liquor shop etc... and most people, dont even know that.

As for OP's link. Typical marketing bullcrap.

Jordo! 11-22-2012 09:23 PM

So I've been told, power and grip are boring. The FR-S/BRZ has neither of these characteristics to water it down.

st162celica 11-22-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panman (Post 570596)
I'm more amused by the number of people outside the region who've come in specifically to be insulting.

I don't get it at all. It may not be the world's newest or most exciting thread, but why would you go to a regional sub-forum purely to be rude?

Cause they can.

The point is, I have been on here for years, reading MOST of the threads. Countless hours. So the guys that chime in have pretty much done the same and sick of seeing the same sh*t come up again and again.

Rudeness is just uncalled for. There has been MUCH MORE useless threads on here than this.

Captain Snooze 11-22-2012 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuddbutter (Post 570803)
nahhh dont close it, i wanna have fun thread jackin this and shit stiring everyone :D

RAN94A 11-22-2012 10:01 PM

^^ well its nearly as fun when you picture it like that... lol.

Hawk77FT 11-22-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Seriously? Out of this? No offence guys but to start a heated conversation/war on a subject of two cars pretty much the same is just plain stupid. I will be more than happy to have this closed down as it seems that brings out the stupid ego's in most individuals.

In the end bbqsauce you are right: who the fuck cares who came up with the idea? Yes, the credit should go to both Toyota and Subaru for delivering a great underpowered sports car. And let's not get into that subject - the power - as it will indeed cause a war. :slap:

So yes, there you go...admin close this asap please!:happyanim:

coyote 11-22-2012 10:19 PM

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1353639373

I reckon Tada is full of shit too, but man ... that picture is gross.

Hawk77FT 11-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Why is this thread still going? This is seriously a stupid thread.

Both Toyota and Subaru have credits for making 86/BRZ, sure Toyota came up with the idea and designs but don’t forget Subaru has "engineered" majority of the car.

Do you honestly think the 86 would have happened without collaboration of Subaru? I highly doubt it would and let’s say it does how much do you think you will paying for it? The answer is much more since they would have done their own engineering and will need to use their own production plant to make it. Low CoG? Not as much as they want it to without a boxer engine. Will the reviews be as good as they say it is now? Highly doubt it.

Put your differences aside Hawk77FT, neither or the manufacturers are better than the other. This car was designed to be fun and Subaru originally rejected the idea which may be true but what does it matter to you now that they have decided to put it in production? If they agreed with Toyota to place it in production they obviously have a reason to do so.

Yes I own a BRZ and I'm also a Toyota enthusiast. They are practically the same cars with revised suspensions and both amazing cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by st162celica (Post 570852)
Well Toy own close to 20% of Fuji industries. So not sure what %,Subaru business is in Fuji industries. So if Subaru is about 20% of Fuji, then Toyota virtually owns Subaru entirely.

In the end who cares. To most consumers they all think they are seperate companies.

Westfarmers and coles own virtually every department store, supermarket, petrol station, liquor shop etc... and most people, dont even know that.

As for OP's link. Typical marketing bullcrap.

Finally someone that understood the OP! Thank you sir!

st162celica 11-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk77FT (Post 570911)
Seriously? Out of this? No offence guys but to start a heated conversation/war on a subject of two cars pretty much the same is just plain stupid. I will be more than happy to have this closed down as it seems that brings out the stupid ego's in most individuals.

In the end bbqsauce you are right: who the fuck cares who came up with the idea? Yes, the credit should go to both Toyota and Subaru for delivering a great underpowered sports car. And let's not get into that subject - the power - as it will indeed cause a war. :slap:

So yes, there you go...admin close this asap please!:happyanim:

:flame:

Ban this guy ! :paddle:

LOL

coyote 11-22-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st162celica (Post 570852)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk77FT (Post 570917)
Finally someone that understood the OP! Thank you sir!

Interesting understanding of mathematics and business though.