Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New 510 concept (Nissan IDx) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51755)

guybo 09-16-2017 07:19 AM

OK, it looks cool but who cares what it looks like. I want to know, weight, power, weight balance, which are the driven wheels, suspension layout etc. Enough fluff in these stupid releases like this, I want to know the important stuff.

daiheadjai 09-16-2017 04:34 PM

The article mentioned it would be be "Nissan's upcoming front wheel drive sports car". Cue the eye rolls

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

strat61caster 09-16-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guybo (Post 2979313)
OK, it looks cool but who cares what it looks like. I want to know, weight, power, weight balance, which are the driven wheels, suspension layout etc. Enough fluff in these stupid releases like this, I want to know the important stuff.

Imagine whatever you want, you won't be wrong because it'll never be real.

Cole 09-16-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 2979441)
Imagine whatever you want, you won't be wrong because it'll never be real.

Right? I feel like if it's been a concept for as long as it has been, it's not going to happen. The only conceivable thing I could see is something to fill in the gap that the Sentra SE-R left.

Buuuuut, I just looked at Nissan's website and see that they have a Sentra NISMO now, so I guess that's filled in the SE-R's shoes. Maybe a coupe Sentra? Not likely though, given how little attention Nissan seems to be giving to anything that isn't a high volume sales car or the GTR

synchromesh 09-17-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Khan (Post 2978388)
I have been trying hard to like this... Failed... Its FUGLY....

Also IMO....

People are saying they like the retro look, Its looks as retro as one of the space shuttles from the original Star Trek series.

I guess a 1960s TV shows idea of a futuristic space shuttle could be classed as 'Retro'.

The "fresh off the boat" IDx concept really looks like it inherited a dosage resulting in a transmutation. The performance version isn't exactly Godzilla, but still looks like progress and advancement back when it came out.

A study with limited funding recently suggests that some types of food can result in horizontal gene transfer. So whatever, it is just an experiment.

But speaking of the same theme, I doubt the army of Nissan engineers' diet relates, but it appears if this thing happens, the IMx won't involve cannibalizing sales of its Z sister. It appears and I warn, not one drop of blood for their own sake.