Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Innovate (Sprintex) Supercharger Owners Topic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40066)

Alabang 86 06-30-2013 07:06 AM

mine's on the way :)

those V6 minivans better watch out.

invisage 06-30-2013 09:24 AM

Well mine doesn't have the innovate logo on it... Does it still count?

DarrenDriven 06-30-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisage (Post 1035530)
Well mine doesn't have the innovate logo on it... Does it still count?

Sure... same unit, so I'll add ya to the list.

Again, since we are on page 2 I want to diffuse any clutter before it happens...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1025767)
REPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE ORDERED OR
ALREADY HAVE THE KIT ON YOUR CAR!

xxscaxx 06-30-2013 03:28 PM

what's the ETA on everyones installation? If I get mine this week, I'm going to install it saturday pending the other supporting parts I bought come in before Friday.

also, anyone doing upgraded engine mounts? What other supporting mods?

DarrenDriven 06-30-2013 03:59 PM

Mine should arrive Tuesday... but I'm waiting on my UEL headers to show up... I'll probably start the S/C install ASAP, but can't tune until all of my exhaust parts are on, obviously.

As for supporting mods, no clutch or additional mounts yet. I'm going to wait to see how the car responds to the added power before throwing more money at it. :)

xxscaxx 06-30-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1036108)
Mine should arrive Tuesday... but I'm waiting on my UEL headers to show up... I'll probably start the S/C install ASAP, but can't tune until all of my exhaust parts are on, obviously.

As for supporting mods, no clutch or additional mounts yet. I'm going to wait to see how the car responds to the added power before throwing more money at it. :)

thats pretty much what i'm doing too, but i'm waiting on the JDL UEL header I pre-ordered, but not waiting for that. I don't think its going to impact the tune that much but I'll deal with that once I get it lol.

I'm hoping the clutch will hold for a bit, but I know once I get ready to have it tuned on E85 its going to probably need to get replaced. Just mentioned the engine mounts since I have seen a bunch of people who have gone F/I have been upgrading them.

swift996 06-30-2013 05:19 PM

I receive mine tomorrow but I'll be going out of town on Wednesday through the weekend.

I plan to install the following weekend (July 13/14) if I can get a hold of a canned tune/base map. I'm not an EcuTek customer, so I need to sort all that out and get the ball rolling.

DarrenDriven 06-30-2013 05:30 PM

I'm having my car tuned at a local tuner that uses BRZ-Edit... the shop is an Innovate dealer and assures me that although the S/C was developed with EcuTek in mind, BRZ-Edit will also work just as well. I have no idea... trusting them.

xxscaxx 06-30-2013 05:33 PM

just a little friendly reminder - Don't forget guys to pick up a fuel line disconnect tool. I'm purchasing one from rallysport direct.

DarrenDriven 06-30-2013 05:35 PM

This one?
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Comp...isconnect-Tool

xxscaxx 06-30-2013 05:38 PM

yep, about to purchase. I think Rick from rallysport did a little writeup on it on the forum.

jamesm 06-30-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1036219)
I'm having my car tuned at a local tuner that uses BRZ-Edit... the shop is an Innovate dealer and assures me that although the S/C was developed with EcuTek in mind, BRZ-Edit will also work just as well. I have no idea... trusting them.

it will. it is a tool. it's the guy using it that you need to worry about (if anything).

swift996 06-30-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1036219)

I have a local tuner who uses BRZ-Edit as well. I think you'll be fine. I'm not oppose to it, I just don't want to have to tow it there after I install the supercharger. I figured there would be a lot more "canned' tunes on EcuTek that I could run around with until I add the WMI and then go get it dyno tuned. I might also do a fuel pump at that point if it seems like a good idea.

DarrenDriven 06-30-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1036233)
yep, about to purchase. I think Rick from rallysport did a little writeup on it on the forum.

OK cool, you can save a few more dollars on shipping though eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321102529712

jamesm 06-30-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1036239)
I have a local tuner who uses BRZ-Edit as well. I think you'll be fine. I'm not oppose to it, I just don't want to have to tow it there after I install the supercharger. I figured there would be a lot more "canned' tunes on EcuTek that I could run around with until I add the WMI and then go get it dyno tuned. I might also do a fuel pump at that point if it seems like a good idea.

if you're using BRZ-edit just wait until someone posts up their base tune. it'll be more than good enough to get you to the tuner.

xxscaxx 06-30-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1036240)
OK cool, you can save a few more dollars on shipping though eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321102529712

Thanks! I purchased already through rallysport though but thats ok. I can swing 5 bucks hehe.

whataboutbob 06-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1036070)
what's the ETA on everyones installation? If I get mine this week, I'm going to install it saturday pending the other supporting parts I bought come in before Friday.

also, anyone doing upgraded engine mounts? What other supporting mods?

I'll be doing my install on the 4th. I have some Cusco mounts that I picked up here on the forums used. Already have the Whiteline tranny and rear diff mounts plus every other Whiteline part on the car.

whataboutbob 06-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1036223)
just a little friendly reminder - Don't forget guys to pick up a fuel line disconnect tool. I'm purchasing one from rallysport direct.

Why do we need this? Prob a n00b question.

invisage 06-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenDriven (Post 1035930)
Sure... same unit, so I'll add ya to the list.

Again, since we are on page 2 I want to diffuse any clutter before it happens...

Cool well mine is on the car and is great fun at 230rwhp. Headers arrive anytime so will see how that helps.

FA20Club.com 06-30-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisage (Post 1036505)
Cool well mine is on the car and is great fun at 230rwhp. Headers arrive anytime so will see how that helps.

FA20CLUB Header Over/Front Pipe= AUS Monster:confused0068:

tom@kartboy 06-30-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whataboutbob (Post 1036504)
Why do we need this? Prob a n00b question.

I didnt use one on my car. I just undid the clamp thats about 4-5 inches lower and pulled the hose.

T

andrewFT86 06-30-2013 11:56 PM

Will this fit under the TRD or any other strut bar?

whataboutbob 07-01-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewFT86 (Post 1036803)

The Innovate rep suggested that it would fit under the Cusco one (which is the same as the Whiteline one as far as I can tell). I'll be able to tell you all on the 4th.

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom@kartboy (Post 1036779)
I didnt use one on my car. I just undid the clamp thats about 4-5 inches lower and pulled the hose.

T

Lol figures there's an alternative/easy way around them. Just didn't want to mash them up trying to remove them. Oh well I'll have the tool now for future use.

@whataboutbob - that tool allows you to remove the fuel lines properly, if you look where the line connects to the rail you can't just unclip them.

invisage 07-01-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewFT86 (Post 1036803)

Definitely not under the TRD one. Cusco who are distributing the kit in Japan have one that will clear though (I believe the first one they released for our cars may not though. But not 100% sure on that)

andrewFT86 07-01-2013 02:03 AM

Only one sure way to find out ...

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 10:31 AM

well of course because I ordered that fuel removal tool from rallysport yesterday...online to get a 4th of july coupon code in my email this morning. :mad0259: Kind of annoyed seeing as I was chatting with a rep last night, would have been nice to been informed of that but whatever.

10% off - JUL013

Benn0r 07-01-2013 10:38 AM

Picking mine up this week and having it installed and tuned while i go away for 2 weeks. Cant wait!

swift996 07-01-2013 11:08 AM

Does anyone know if any tuners are willing to provide a base map/canned tune? As in one they installed/dynoed.

I know Mike from Moto-East said they will be installing/tuning theirs next Tuesday.

I'll need a retune when I get the WMI set up anyways so I'd hate to burn a lot of money upfront on a base tune.

DarrenDriven 07-01-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benn0r (Post 1037338)
Picking mine up this week and having it installed and tuned while i go away for 2 weeks. Cant wait!

It will be like Christmas for you! I'm installing my own once all my parts arrive.

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1037406)
Does anyone know if any tuners are willing to provide a base map/canned tune? As in one they installed/dynoed.

I know Mike from Moto-East said they will be installing/tuning theirs next Tuesday.

I'll need a retune when I get the WMI set up anyways so I'd hate to burn a lot of money upfront on a base tune.

Either Moto-East or talk to Tony from @FA20Club.com

swift996 07-01-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1037557)
Either Moto-East or talk to Tony from @FA20Club.com

Yeah, I've talked to both. I was just trying to confirm if anyone is going to have one installed and on the dyno. I'll be looking for a base/canned tune until I get some more parts in. I think a lot of people will be in the same boat. It would be awesome to just use another car's map and fine tune anything remotely in the interim. I'm just not that comfortable starting from scratch with a tuner via the remote tuning.

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1037669)
Yeah, I've talked to both. I was just trying to confirm if anyone is going to have one installed and on the dyno. I'll be looking for a base/canned tune until I get some more parts in. I think a lot of people will be in the same boat. It would be awesome to just use another car's map and fine tune anything remotely in the interim. I'm just not that comfortable starting from scratch with a tuner via the remote tuning.

Yeah I am doing the same thing basically.

If it counts for anything, Tony has been tuning this S/C for a while now for a customer in Australia. I think he would have the best understanding of a base map for this supercharger honestly.

Mike will have one on the dyno next week like you said, so if you can wait till then he will have the base map you are looking for. I'm not sure if Tony had it on a dyno but honestly seeing that he has been remotely tuning it for quite some time now I wouldn't feel discouraged with running that map on my car. Hes not starting from scratch :party0030:

Remote tunes in general are really weird to me. I never remotely tuned any car previous to this platform. I'm used to strapping my old sti up on the dyno and being tuned that way.

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 01:13 PM

One other thing that I thought might be helpful for some:

I am a stickler with certain stuff, and on the installation manual for this you need to remove the insulator on the underside of the hood. Some may not care but I rather keep that in place. Unfortunately to do that you need to trim it. So I found the stock part number for this insulator. I'm going to buy an extra one in case I ever need to revert it back. I am not sure where it exactly hits the pulley so I can't confirm whether or not you can make it look "oem" after trimming, so I rather play it safe and get another. Its pretty cheap at 38.04 on subarugenuineparts.com.

Part number: 90815CA040

mines13 07-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1037735)

I am a stickler with certain stuff, and on the installation manual for this you need to remove the insulator on the underside of the hood. Some may not care but I rather keep that in place. Unfortunately to do that you need to trim it. So I found the stock part number for this insulator. I'm going to buy an extra one in case I ever need to revert it back. I am not sure where it exactly hits the pulley so I can't confirm whether or not you can make it look "oem" after trimming, so I rather play it safe and get another. Its pretty cheap at 38.04 on subarugenuineparts.com.

Having cut it myself, I would say it is a royal pain... Not likely going to get a very clean cut the way it comes apart so easily. I would recommend simply removing it, but if you feel confident cutting it give it a shot.

tom@kartboy 07-01-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1037735)

i just pulled mine. i think it just clears with the 75mm pulley but when you load the motor, it rocks the motor just enough to slightly hit.
T

nonicname 07-01-2013 01:46 PM

anyone with 93 oct dyno numbers yet?

xxscaxx 07-01-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mines13 (Post 1037782)
Having cut it myself, I would say it is a royal pain... Not likely going to get a very clean cut the way it comes apart so easily. I would recommend simply removing it, but if you feel confident cutting it give it a shot.

You have a pic? just want to see where we have to cut. I'm confident in being able to cut it, i've dealt with way worse :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom@kartboy (Post 1037783)
i just pulled mine. i think it just clears with the 75mm pulley but when you load the motor, it rocks the motor just enough to slightly hit.
T

hm maybe with stiffer mounts this wouldn't be an issue.

swift996 07-01-2013 02:53 PM

Mine arrived! http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1372703898

Although Innovate might want to use another pass of tape because my box was this open sitting on my door step:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1372703874

tech4pdx 07-01-2013 08:30 PM

I just ordered mine this morning from PRE after a change of heart. I might lose my mind and also order the AVO turbo manifold assembly too (down the line) for some twin charged action. I can have PRE fab up the necessary piping. :) We will see how things progress..