Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   AVO Turbo Kit Owners Topic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42482)

AVOturboworld 02-06-2015 04:11 PM

I am currently running our intake system for the turbo models on my personal turbocharged fr-s. We will be releasing that in the very near future.

Draco_PR23 02-06-2015 04:16 PM

Is the same intake Japan is running in their BRZ?

AVOturboworld 02-06-2015 04:17 PM

Yes, I'm running that together with the larger intercooler. A new fuel pump upgrade (a major one...) is coming from Japan that we will be testing with e85 on the whole setup.

Draco_PR23 02-06-2015 05:00 PM

Looking forward to it, I want to upgrade a few things but we don't have e85

protpibe 02-07-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musickmixxer90 (Post 2121529)
the perrin Cai doesn't give you any fitment problems with the pulleys? idk why, but for some reason I worte that it had that problem when i was doing research on different intakes. maybe I just read somethign wrong:bonk:

No issues with mine, but you will have to fab up a simple bracket to hold the intake in place. The bracket will mount to the front cross member, under the bumper.

gdrider77 02-08-2015 08:56 AM

Has there been any word yet on the upgraded turbo? Seems like
forever ago, but still no pricing or option to order on the avo site.

kbogarto 02-20-2015 06:32 PM

The oil line that goes into the top of my turbo leaks oil. Not a lot but enough I can smell the oil burning off the turbo at red lights. I have tried tightening it but it feels pretty tight already. My question is how tight is that bolt designed to be. Am I in danger of damaging the fitting if I really put some force into it. I guess my other option is removing it and putting Teflon tape or something on it. Suggestions?

M1K3 02-20-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbogarto (Post 2141208)
The oil line that goes into the top of my turbo leaks oil. Not a lot but enough I can smell the oil burning off the turbo at red lights. I have tried tightening it but it feels pretty tight already. My question is how tight is that bolt designed to be. Am I in danger of damaging the fitting if I really put some force into it. I guess my other option is removing it and putting Teflon tape or something on it. Suggestions?

I used high temp thread sealant:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...YL._SY355_.jpg

robr 02-20-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbogarto (Post 2141208)

Do NOT use Teflon tape on any part of the oil feed line. Use a liquid sealant like pictured above if you feel the need.

But, the supplied fitting is ><just too long for the block and bottoms out before it crushes the crush washer. You'll want to pick up a fresh pair (two, 2) of crush washers, pretty sure 1/2" is the size you want...pull yours and match it up best you can. I suggest two new ones, but I can almost guaranty that the one installed right now has no sign of use so you might be able to get away with reusing it. But they are so cheap I wouldn't bother. Without replacing the restrictor with a slightly shorter one, the double crush washer method is seemingly the best solution I've found so far.

kbogarto 02-21-2015 05:25 AM

Awesome, thanks for the advice I'll do that.

toast 03-04-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVOturboworld (Post 2096648)
The breather tank is designed to catch the majority of the fumes, but if you are doing extended 120mph runs, there is probably so much oily fumes going through there that a bit of the oil is going to make it past.

I'm a few pages behind, but how do oil vapors make it outside of the charge pipes like shown Flasher's picture?

AVOturboworld 03-04-2015 02:39 PM

He didn't have a breather tank system, and was doing extended high-rpm driving on the autobahn. Likely the vacuum of the intake pulled a bit of oil up the vent line off the oil reservoir, and that's is where the oil came from. We always will heavily suggest a breather system for any type of extended high rpm driving, whether autobahn or the track, for this reason.

toast 03-04-2015 02:57 PM

I guess I don't understand - the vent line is connected to the intake to use that vacuum to pull in vapors and burn them off? If that is the case the oil should be inside the pipes. What is spitting it to the outside?

AVOturboworld 03-04-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toast (Post 2156300)
I guess I don't understand - the vent line is connected to the intake to use that vacuum to pull in vapors and burn them off? If that is the case the oil should be inside the pipes. What is spitting it to the outside?

The vent line is connected to the inlet pipe via a simple barbed straight fitting (since it's only under vacuum, never pressurized). Oil likely seeped at the fitting and blew upwards onto the pipe - doing 220km/h will do that.