follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > J.C.

Conversation Between J.C. and Lithium
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Lithium
    09-16-2014 12:07 AM
    Lithium
    Its completely possible the headlight has a defect. If you have the pins installed correctly and confirmed you have voltage than I would suspect the same thing. I know its a pain to remove headlights but try and swap the working headlight with the suspected broken one to see if the boomerang turns on. If it does than your wiring is fine and the headlight is malfunctioning.
  2. J.C.
    09-15-2014 02:07 AM
    J.C.
    Hey Lithium, I was hoping you could help me out with an electrical issue I'm having with my brz headlights. I have an FR-S and followed this guide on how to repin the brz headlights into the FR-S' 6 pin connector:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=19

After the install the headlights worked flawlessly except that the passenger side LED strip/boomerang doesn't turn on. However the drivers side LED strip turns on with the DRL and Headlights On function from the control stalk. I double checked all pin connections and made sure I was getting power coming from my FR-S' harness connector using a multi meter and it checked out fine.

Could it possibly be something wrong inside the headlight? I'm thinking about taking the car to a shop to get it diagnosed further but was wondering if there was a solution to fix it myself first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks