Wednesday October 7, 2009 09:25
The Toyota FT-86 Concept was announced this morning by Toyota, as a preview ahead of its 2009 Tokyo Auto Show public debut!! Toyota’s concept version of the long-rumored Toyota / Subaru joint project is being called the FT-86 and is an obvious homage to the legendary Toyota AE-86 Corolla sports car. Though full details and specs of the FT-86 have not yet been released, here’s the official information we do have so far from Toyota:
Length: 163.78 inches
Width: 69.29 inches
Wheelbase: 101.18 inches
Powertrain / Drivetrain:
Subaru-derived 2.0L boxer
- Designed by Toyota’s ED2 styling studio in France.
- Concept version to make public debut at 2009 Tokyo Motor Show.
- Production model to be shown in 2010.
- Sales expected to begin in late 2011.
- The concept car’s color is called “Shoujyouhi Red” – the traditional red color of a Japanese monkey’s backside.
- Chief engineer: Tetsuya Tada
Official FT-86 specs and info will be constantly updated in this thread, so make sure to check back often.